July 15, 2013

Confessions

What's a blog without some good ole', honest truth?
Well, there's some things I thought it was high time I came clean with.


*I'm running the Virginia Beach Rock N' Roll half marathon on September 1st.
For some reason, I feel very hesitant admitting this to anyone.
A half marathon is something that has been on my bucket list for 6 years...and each time I've started to train, the Lord has blessed us with a baby.  It's something I'm doing for myself and I'm loving the challenge, although I've found it difficult balancing running and teaching classes.
This is the beautiful trail I get to run every day:


*Colin started walking!
He's been walking for about 3 weeks,  but I couldn't tell you exactly because I forgot to write it down.  
 
~I'm sorry, Colin.  I love you to pieces and you are far more important that little details.  You started walking around 1 year and were by far our most mobile baby.

*I spent far too much money at Target this weekend, buying every water accessory on the shelves.
Goggles, caps, arm floaties and fun rafts...all to entice my munchkins to love swimming.
I didn't work, but Target sure did like my business.
My kids would much rather be eating a snack on the side of the pool than actually be in the pool.












 

*I was really nervous about this summer.
I was scared I wouldn't be able to keep up with the busy schedule Alison was used to and we would all be miserable.  I confess I was not really looking forward to it.
But I have been so excited to see the Lord answer my prayers for our family and bless our time together.  I have really loved and enjoyed our kids and fallen more in love with them.  I love hearing their little voices and watching them grow each day.

*I've spilled my coffee at least 4 times in the last month.  
It doesn't matter what time I get up or where I sit, as soon as that cup hits my hand, I'm swarmed by little people.  Ben keeps encouraging me to put my coffee in a travel mug, but I can't bring myself to do it.  It's kinda like a minivan...once you become that mom, there's no turning back.  
I refuse to be travel mug mom and will fight for my quiet cup of coffee in the morning!
But, if you too are in my boat, Oxiclean does wonders at getting coffee out of carpet.

2 comments:

edj3 said...

I love this post so much :)

Jamie said...

woo-hoo! I'm so excited about you doing the half-marathon! You're gonna ROCK it :)