December 25, 2018

Pre-Christmas & Our 15 Year Anniversary

I made the boys get "real" haircuts at a salon.  They were not happy, which I'll take as a compliment, so we decided to find a treat afterwards.  I just typed candy into my map app and it took us to a barn 10 minutes away.  I was very skeptical, but that quickly turned into enthusiasm when we walked in.  It was a fruit and nut store, very similar to one I went to as a kid.  They had all the familiar treats my parents would buy, even a tea similar to that my mom would make us when we came in from sledding.    Each of the kids picked out a treat and then I got some goodies for stockings.

If someone would kindly tell Alison to stop growing, that would be great.  People did not believe she was my 11 year old daughter at the church we went to this past weekend.



I found a cookie decorating kit at the grocery store and it was the perfect solution for this years' Christmas activity.  You could eat them or let them dry and hang them on the tree.  I loved how the icing and candy was all ready for us and we could just sit down and enjoy decorating.  We may be pushing the easy button again next year because the ease of not cooking made it a little more fun.



Colin making the face of his gingerbread man:






Ben found a store very similar to Food City, but nicer!  He was so excited that he decided to make tamales. 



Right before we moved, my friend Gwen gave me this puzzle to do when we got to our new house.  It was such a sweet gift and a great relaxing treat for me.  It also fit great on our awkward island :)




We randomly found this picture while unpacking boxes: on our honeymoon.


It sat on our kitchen counter for a few days and even the kids commented how young we looked.

15 years later:


Ben had to work on our anniversary, but met us on the beach for a little bit.  We saw a whale and two dolphins!  It was the best present!


Later that afternoon, we went to the Reagan Library.


They had an exhibit on Pompeii that we were all excited to see.  We have a book on it, so the kids were familiar with the history, but it was amazing to see it come to life for them.


We ended up getting a membership so we can go back whenever we want.  The views from the library were breathtaking...pictures just don't seem to do this place justice.



Eli got a little carsick from reading the book through the mountains, so we ended up ordering Indian food and having a home date while the kids watched a Christmas movie. 


Colin just can't get enough of being outside.  Alison and Eli will be ready to go home from the park and Colin will want to stay 5 more hours.  So, a couple of times, I've taken just him back out for some one-on-one time.





Lucky for him, we can walk to 3 parks from our house.  I love watching him run.

AND he lost his 3rd front tooth in church!


No comments: