October 20, 2019

Navy Ball


We went to our third military ball last night.  However, this one was a little different and it was an officer's only ball.  It was held at hotel on the beach in Ventura.  I almost switched seats so I could watch the sunset over the ocean as the speaker was talking.  Don't worry, I didn't actually do it, but I really wanted to.  I knew a few more people this year and was thankful to not be at the very head table...we were pretty much at the front, but not like last year.

Sometimes I still find myself thinking, "Is this for real?.  Like, look at my husband!  He's wearing a uniform and is all blinged out in ribbons.  What is happening?!"  But then Ben gets up and calmly begins the whole ceremony with a prayer and I remember how amazing he is at his job.


I'm so proud of him.


As I'm writing this, I'm realizing how ironic it is that it's called a "ball" and there wasn't actually any dancing last night...

No comments: