January 23, 2021

To the beach we must go

Colin was feeling the strong need to go to the beach.  So much so, that one day he set up a pretend beach in our living room and did all his school there.  He even turned on a beach scene with ocean sounds on the TV.

 

He wore his swimsuit for 2 days in anticipation of going to the actual beach.  We had plans to go to the harbor and paddle board as a family the next day, but it turned out to be much too windy for that.  Colin still really needed to go play in the sand and I never turn down a beach opportunity, so we had our own little beach afternoon.  While it was 85 at our house, the wind by the ocean made it feel very cold.

I bundled up in a blanket and Colin played in the sand.  Doesn't everyone take a hulu hoop with them to the beach?

He attempted to boogie board for all of 2 minutes and then was ready to go home because he was so cold. 

 
We still had a really fun time.  The harbor has become one of my favorite spots...I just love watching the boats come in and out with the mountains behind them.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

How you're not there every day is amazing. I would do my darnest, I so love the ocean.