August 21, 2021

Beaver lake!

 It's been almost exactly 10 years since we've been to Beaver lake. 



My dad took just our family out on the boat.  When we talked about the trip, the kids seemed a little unsure of being on the boat and swimming in the lake, so it was nice to just ease into it.  They all did way better than I thought (last time Colin was in a canoe, he screamed the whole time).

 

 

 I think driving the boat, was a highlight of the trip for Eli.

We took some rides on the tube:


Then we picked up the cousins to have some more fun.

 

Eating pudding on the dock:

Grandma and Grandpa took Charlie out on the boat and he fell asleep.  Boat naps are the best and he was just so cute!

 


Back up at the house, we all played 'Heads Up'

  

Alison found 'Floof' and the girls had fun playing with it. 

I was bummed to not a get a big group picture this trip, but my cousin Lindsay and her family also came to the lake.  Her kids, Anna, Sally and Luke fit right into our bunch and made the whole trip extra fun.

Alison and Maggie building a snowman:

Probably my most favorite part of the trip was getting to hang out with Charlie.  He had a favorite 'Wild Kratts' game on my moms phone and he would often ask for help beating it.  I didn't mind snagging a few snuggles with him as we played the game.

I also found some coloring books at the house and for a long time, he would sign to me the color he wanted me to use and point to where he wanted me to color.  Eventually he joined me...but it was fun to learn all the signs for the colors.

No comments: