September 18, 2021

Some hard days and some great days

Apparently I have sciatica...flare ups before would just last a few days and be gone, but the simple act of turning on a lamp this time angered the beast and it was done.  I was in the bed or on the couch for several days, barely able to do anything.  School looked like this:

The kids were amazing and took care of me while Ben was at work.  Not only did they take of me and themselves, but they did their school work in bed with me or in the living room while I laid on the couch.  

Everyone in the kitchen, making dinner...even Maya is supervising and not pictured is Ben at the stove.

I don't know what I would have done without their help.

I'm thankful to say that I am functional now and feeling almost all the way better, except for sitting.  I can lay down or stand, but sitting is uncomfortable.

So while Ben was fishing in Canada with my dad, I stole his workbench (that can be raised up and I can stand at) from the garage and worked on a puzzle.  It was the perfect therapy.

I don't ever want to go through a flare up again, but it did make me thankful for the little things...like being able to put away dishes or put shoes on my feet or sit down!  Sitting on the beach with friends was extra appreciated this week.

Eli joined me in finishing the puzzle Aunt Amanda sent us of LA.  It was a really fun to complete and point out all the places we've been here.


 

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Ben told me about the sciatica--does heat or cold help?

Also . . . when did Colin turn into a mini-Ben?