December 19, 2022

Christmas in NYC

Our first NYC Christmas!

Ben got free tickets to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular through work.  They even paid for us to have dinner before the show!

 
The show was truly amazing and we will most definitely be taking the kids next year. 
After the show, we walked around the city.


 
This was my first time to Times Square.

 
The following week, we spent the day in the city with our friends, the Miller's.  They have lived on Long Island for 20 years, but have only been to the city a few times.  It was fun to explore with them and see all the Christmas things!

 
We basically walked the whole city...Central Park, Bryant Park, St. Patrick's church, 2 Christmas markets and got the best hot cocoa.  Sarah and I went to Macy's and rode the wood escalators all the way to the top.
 


Our last stop was in the library, which turned out to be one of our most favorite spots.  I was not prepared for how beautiful it would be!

 
I never thought that I would actually enjoy being in the city, but I was pleasantly surprised.  Perhaps it's because I'm used to the NY antics now, so it's not as stressful.  I'm thankful we don't have to live in the hustle and bustle every day and can just take little day trips in



 

No comments: