April 18, 2023

Eli's 13th Birthday!

Eli's 13!

His first request for the day, was half a dozen donuts all for himself.  I thought that was very fitting for a teen boy :)

 

Eli has started to sleep in a little more, but still not as long as Alison.  We had to wake her up for presents.

 
 
 
A tradition unintentionally started.  When Alison was 13, she started keeping some snacks in her room in case she got hungry after everyone went to sleep.  Eli said one day, "I can't wait until I'm a teen and I get a snack basket for my room."  It made me laugh, as it was never a right of passage, but now even Colin talks about how he can't wait until he gets his snack basket.
 
 Needless to say, he has loved having a snack basket in his room.
What's an Eli birthday without some Legos?

 
We went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and then to the new Mario movie, which was really fun. 
My favorite picture of the day:
 


Alison just said, "Welcome to the teen club!" and Eli said, "Bruh." and that pretty much sums up a teen in 2023.

 
Thank you Grandparents for sending some money...it gave Eli just enough money (after saving up for a long time) to buy a Lego City set he's been eyeing!
 

You know you've spent a good chunk of change at the Lego store when you get a free set after your purchase.  I can't wait to see the Easter basket put together.

Dinner was pizza and then cheesecake with raspberries.

 
I love watching Eli grow, yet stay the same.  He still tries to squeeze in my lap whenever he can even though he is officially taller than me.  He's standing on his tiptoes here, but he is still taller.
 

 
 

And for the finale: Eli's big gift was a VR, which he has been asking for for YEARS.  Honestly, it's entertaining for all of us and has been really fun.


No comments: