May 29, 2023

Porch Fest

What a fun Sea Cliff day!  One of Ben's friends/fellow Porch Picker organized the 2nd Annual Porch Fest.  Bands played on different porches throughout the town all day long.  In the morning, Ben and I rode bikes down to a historic building on the water and listened to the first band.  They had coffee and muffins set out and it was a really fun way to start the day.  We got our workout in riding up to the  second location.  Then we went home for lunch.  We went down the street later in the afternoon to hear another band.  It was fun to watch the crowd grow throughout the day.  After dinner, the kids and I went to hear the Porch Pickers!

 

It was fun to see the crowd walk from band to band.

 

The funniest part of the evening was right about now...a gentleman came up behind me and said, "What is this?"  Thus ensued a very comical conversation in which I tried to explain to him what bluegrass/folk music is and that it's a common genre of music.  He kept asking me where it came from, like he was convinced that we brought it here from Kansas. 

I took the kids home and Ben and I stayed out for the last 2 bands. It was such a fun night! It was like going to a bunch of different concerts, all just a few blocks from our house.

No comments: