July 10, 2024

Adirondack Mountains; lake Abanakee

Part 1

We took our longest to-date, just our little family vacation.  We spent 6 days up in the Adirondack Mountains and rented a house right on the lake.  It was the perfect spot to unplug.

The boys went canoeing and fishing.


Maya was NOT a fan of them leaving her.


Unfortunately, no fish were caught while we were there.



Apparently I've made it a vacation thing that we watch HGTV.  I didn't realize that I had until Colin turned it on and when I asked what he was doing, he said, "It's vacation!  We have to watch HGTV!" 


We went on several hikes.  On the first one, Colin, Ben and I went.



It was muddy and very buggy, but also had an amazing view.






There was a whole lot of relaxing, reading books, playing games, canoeing, exploring and roasting marshmallows.













 

No comments: