November 7, 2008

Housing update

I'm sure there will be lots of these in the coming weeks. I got a call from the mean lady at the condo I was in love with today. She said there is a section of condos that will be finished next month and the builder is renting them out. She said the price is in our range and they will accept cats. Ironic, huh? I told her we already put an application in somewhere else but if it fell through I would give her a call. I called Ben and he said he had a hunch they would call back. I did too. They passed up on a great opportunity. But they blew me off, so part of me wanted to blow them off right back. I called Abby because she was the only one who was with me and saw all the properties in person. She said, "Jen! Are you crazy?! You loved that place...you call her back right now!" So I took her advice and called the lady back and said we would like to consider the property, but would like George to come look at it before we decided anything. I didn't see any condos that looked under construction so I'm curious to see the location of them. I'm thankful to have more options though. We haven't heard an official yes or no from the townhouse so if that falls through it will be nice to have a backup.

We're trying to teach Alison how to say,"One, two, three". She can say 'three' but I think that's because she's often tickled after it. So tonight we started showing her how to show the numbers on her fingers and say the words. Here she is showing us 'one'...with a colander on her head...oh, the joys of being a kid.,

2 comments:

edj3 said...

::scribbles a list:: So for Christmas, Alison wants more hats er colanders? Right?

Jen Shear said...

you could give Alison an empty box and she would be happy!