November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm so thankful that Elizabeth and Kent are here! This is our 3rd year to spend Thanksgiving together and I love the traditions we've started. Each year we add things and I think it's only going to get more fun as the years go on. We started the day watching the Macy's Day Parade. For some reason Alison absolutely would not keep her clothes on today. My favorite part of the morning was when she asked Granddad to get her one of the balloons from the parade.Then she asked Granddad to come play and she suckered him into play dress up. She even got him to get in her tiny little play house. I spared Kent the picture but it was one of the best things I've ever seen.We cooked all day long. I made a couple of things yesterday but we had so many dishes that needed to be cooked at different temps for different times, it just took a lot of time.
Nana took a little break to color with Alison on the kitchen floor. We had appetizers for lunch and then the guys played some Wii.
We had a family from church over for dinner. They have 3 really sweet kids and it was fun to see Alison playing with them. They took her outside for awhile and "explored the woods" and had their own little parade.
I was curious to see what Alison would like and dislike at dinner. She devoured the ham and left everything else untouched. We picked up a ham last minute when we invited the Williams' over just to ensure we had enough food. If anyone's wondering, Smithfield ham is amazing and all it's cracked up to be. I don't even really care for ham and I loved it. Her second favorite was the ice cream we had with the pie...she had 3 bowls just to let us know how much she really liked it.
We had a great day and I have so much to be thankful for. One thing I'm thankful for a the moment is that I get to keep enjoying the wonderful food we made today for days to come. I thought everything would be gone with having an extra 5 people here, but I was very wrong. We sent food home with the Williams' and still have a refrigerator full of food. I guess next year we'll have to invite more families over.


Did I mention we moved a couple of days ago? The move went smoothly and we were blessed with lots of help. Alison is completely in love with our backyard. The cats are pretty excited about being able to watch the birds and squirrels too.
We're thankful the Lord provided us with this house and we were able to move in so quickly. I'm also very thankful that we can decorate for Christmas this year and enjoy the advent season.

No comments: