September 8, 2010

First day of school!

We started preschool yesterday! I'm continually amazed at what the Lord calls me to and many of them are things I've said I would never do-like homeschooling. But I've entered into the teaching world, and I have a whole new appreciation for preschool teachers. I'm pooped, but overall, I really enjoyed our day and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the year. By a miracle, the kids actually stuck to the schedule that I wrote out and in fact, I think Alison really liked knowing what was coming and having activities planned out. Although, I can already see my plan needing an overhaul. My problem isn't putting things together or keeping her attention, it's that she knows too much already. But I know I just need to jump in, take it a day at a time and figure it out as I go. Our biggest obstacle was Smoochie. He was into everything we were trying to do! Alison's favorite subject of the day was math. Learning addition with chocolate bars was the talk of the day. I'm so thankful for this precious time with Alison.


Eliot worked on his exersaucer skills during school. He's getting pretty good at turning around and finding things to chew on. He even learned to push the squeaky button today.




Mr. Chubby Cheeks is on his way to being the next Doug Jr. He has a couple of T-shirts that are 12 mo. and he fits them perfectly. This is a T-shirt that was a hand-me-down, but is ironically perfect for Eli. My dad played for the Wichita Shockers in College and I've seen him wear a shirt like this for most of my life.

No comments: