November 15, 2010

Letter I


This is the assortment of activities we did this week for letter I...the incredibly cute little boy is just a bonus for the picture. We made an igloo, made and 'I' island, watercolored, worked on tracing letters, numbers and shapes, punched holes in a letter I (to work on fine motor skills) and made a mouse to go with the book If you give a mouse a cookie.

We read the book Inch by Inch and learned about measuring and inchworms.

We spent some time working on opposites and started an "I'm thankful for..." chart. The things she added to her chart this week were: ice skating, art and daddy.
We learned about the color indigo and worked on counting to 30 by putting cheerios in a jar.
Eliot's favorite part of school this week was singing the itsy bitsy spider.

Books: My "i" book, I Took a Walk, I Love My Abuela!, What will I do if I can't tie my shoe?, Inch by Inch, If you give a Moose a Muffin, If you give a mouse a cookie, Is a Camel a Mammal?.

Bible Story: Isaac: Genesis 18, 21, 24 & 25, Israelites: Exodus 1 & 2, 14-17

Movie: Barbie, Island Princess

No comments: