April 25, 2011

Nico's Birthday Party


Nico is one of Alison's best friends and he shares Eli's birthday. We went to his birthday party that was held at a gym where Nico takes gymnastics. Alison LOVED it.
She's changing into a whole new little girl. In the last few months, she's become much more independent...too independent for this momma. At swim lessons, she doesn't want us to watch and at Nico's party, she just marched in and joined the fun. It's a transition for me to just drop her off and say "have a good time!". I'm used to being "in" the activities and perhaps a part of me misses being able to be a kid and join the fun she's having.
Nico's party was Batman themed. We sat down for cupcakes on Batman plates and Alison turned to me and said, "Momma, who is this strange man on my plate?". I'm sure Eli will teach her all about superhero's one day, but for now, she's using her Batman cape as a Little Blue Riding hood costume.

No comments: