September 17, 2013

Fair field trip


Huge blessing of our move...Alison's new school.
The first week of school we got a letter saying "As always, parents are always welcome to attend..."
The last school had a strict, only 2 parents and absolutely no sibling rule.
I was thrilled to see that any and all parents could come any time.

I also thought it was pretty cool that they took a field trip in the second week of school.  It shows me that they were on top of things over the summer and were prepared/ready to jump into the new year.

All that to say, I went with Alison to the county fair.  I met some of her new friends and other moms of her class.  We watched the circus, horse show, fed the goats and drank a giant fresh squeezed lemonade.


A big first of the day was leaving the boys with a sitter so I could go.  But it wasn't just any sitter, Hannah Boomer watched them.  She did great and it was sentimental for me and Ben.  I babysat Hannah when she was the boys' age and now she's babysitting my kids.  Crazy how life comes around.

No comments: