September 30, 2013

Grandma and Grandpa's visit, part 1

My parents came to visit this weekend.  Our time mostly consisted of eating yummy food and playing with the kids.  They took the kids to Target and let them pick out some new toys.  Eliot has been really wanting this shark Thomas toy for a long time and hasn't stopped playing with it since it got placed in the basket.  I don't really get why a shark is on the train tracks...

My dad picked up several puzzles and they spent an afternoon at the table putting them together.


He even taught Eliot the art of the fist banging pieces down.

Sunday afternoon, we had a football game on and Dad taught the boys how to play.
Except that Eliot kept calling it baseball and it really was a game of running across the living room with a pillow...but they still had fun.
 


When things needed to wind down, they played some Angry Birds.
 

And opened more new toys...

giving Grandpa a thank you hug

The best part of the trip:
my mom brought me one of my grandma's apron and gold necklace.  I wore them as I cooked dinner that night.

We ended the weekend with a sweet treat


 And my new favorite picture

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Sounds like a great visit. I especially love the picture of your dad leaning waaaaaaaaaay down to hold Colin's little hand! Too cute.