February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day '14


Alison and I made our own Valentine's Day cards this year for her class.  I loved her creativity and doing a project together, but the whole time I was thinking how crazy it it that there's 27 kids in her class...that's just too many kids and all with crazy names.  What happened to normal names?

Ben does a stellar job taking care of Valentine's Day for the family.  He surprised Eli and I in the afternoon...he came home a little early from work and with treats for everyone!
 

Eli and I were on the couch and I tried to capture his excitement.  Although Valentine's day is for girls, we want the boys to know we love them...and right now nothing says "I love you" more to Eliot than Angry Birds.


Alison was dreaming of a pink bear.  I have no idea where she gets her ideas, but thankfully daddy was able to deliver.


A tradition has begun that he gets Alison on pink rose and me a dozen red roses.  It was sweet and meant a lot to a little princess.



I decided it was time to start teaching Eli the ropes of Valentine's Day and told him he could pick out a treat for Alison.  He decided to give her a box of chocolates.


I learned this year that 1st graders are serious about their valentines.  Alison came home with so much candy it looked like she had gone trick-or-treating at school.  

Ben and I went out to dinner that night and Alison asked "Why are you leaving us on a holiday?"  We probably should have stayed home because it was crazy trying to eat out!

No comments: