March 16, 2014

Happy 31st to Ben!


I'm excited that Ben's old with me now :)  Even more excited that we got to be together for his birthday this year.  I made him bacon and eggs for breakfast before he left for work and thanks to daylight savings, our kids were still sleeping and we got a nice, quiet date.  It was a beautiful way to start the day...starting with bacon doesn't hurt either.

That afternoon, Ben got his first professional massage and we gave him our presents.  He got a french bread pan and 2 shirts.  Eli knows his birthday is next up, so he was convinced that once Ben was finished opening his presents, it was officially his birthday.  He's convinced that he's already 4!


Last night, Ben and I went out just us, to a new restaurant we've been wanting to try.  The food is all local, organic, farm food and made from scratch.  It was amazing.  The service was terrible, but the food made up for that.  I was impressed and it was fun to go to a new place.  Our date ended up at Target buying diapers and toilet paper.  Getting old is sad, but I'm thankful I get to go through it with Ben.

Happy Birthday Ben!

No comments: