December 28, 2014

Christmas 2014


The kids were jumping on our bed at 6:30!  I actually heard them up before that, but they were nice enough to wait a little longer to wake us up.  I feel like this was the first year they were all very excited about Christmas and it made it so much more fun.

We opened stockings on our bed.
Alison finally got her longed for fake glasses...apparently it's all the rage in 2nd grade.


Eli's excitement over every little thing was worth getting up before the sun.
 

We finally woke Colin up so he didn't miss all the fun.  He was not ready to be awake, but he perked up once he started opening his stocking.
 


Then we headed downstairs for tea pasteries and presents...and most importantly, coffee!  We hadn't put out a single present, so the kids were excited to see everything under the tree.
 

The Boomer's handed down a Cinderella castle to us, complete with a pony pulling carriage and several princess barbies.  I kept it hidden until Christmas morning and found it to be the best Christmas idea.  Having a toy already set up and ready to play with gave the kids something to immediately do while we got food and coffee ready.  It also gave them something to do while others were opening presents and while we were getting other toys set up. 





Alison and Eli asked for "shot guns".  They really meant nerf guns, so we got all the kids a different gun and thought it would be fun to have "fights".  Well, these little guns were a big lesson for these parents.  Ben opened Colin's and playfully shot him in the tummy...little did we know these suckers are much stronger than we anticipated!  Ok, no shooting people.  He got out Eli's and shot it into the kitchen and it nearly flew through the house!  Ok, no shooting in the house.  We took Alison's outside and spent the rest of the day searching through the neighbors yards looking for the bullets.  Finally, we set up a target for them and let them take turns shooting toward the front door.  However, now Colin walks around saying, "I shoot you!".  I'm praying he doesn't say this around anyone else!


We spent the rest of the day playing :)


Ben helping Alison make a bracelet
 
Boys playing with fireman playdough
 

And watched a Mickey Christmas movie.
 

"I upside down"
 Ben spoiled me this year.  He got me winter running clothes and a suspension training system.  I have really been wanting this to have at home so I can workout even in the midst of homeschool and kids sickness, but it can be very pricey.  Ben found a great deal and set it up for me in our sitting room.  I was so excited; I felt like a kid again on Christmas.  Alison was pretty jazzed too, maybe because I was so excited.  She spent quite a bit of time that day trying to figure out the exercises.  I think this Christmas really set me up for some great discipline techniques.  Disobey in our house and I'll shoot you with a nerf gun and make you do some exercises until you say your sorry.


Ben and I took turns going for a run and then cooked dinner.


I caught Eli playing with the Barbie house while we were cooking.  Don't worry, I think he was planning on the transformers invading the castle soon.
 

Alison colored while she waited.
 

 Best Christmas present!

No holiday is complete in this house without some amazing food.  We had prime rib, yorkshire pudding, braised white beans and greenbean casserole.  Aren't you sad you weren't here?


For dessert we had apple pie and homemade vanilla bean ice cream, which was beyond amazing.
 

We had a great Christmas and I think presents were spot on this year.  The kids have continued to play with their new things and really enjoyed them.  Now if just had some ice cream left, everything would be perfect.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

I am sad! It looks to have been a wonderful day--and Alison looks pretty dang cute in those glasses :)