December 9, 2015

Sushi


The day everyone left from Thanksgiving week, we decided to take a break from cooking and pick up some sushi.  There's a small restaurant right around the corner that we keep saying we'll try and never have.  I went in there once this summer while Ben was gone and they were SO nice to me and the kids; they let me carry out a small order of sushi when it's really a sit down place and they gave the kids suckers and coloring pages while we waited for my embarrassingly small order.  

We went with intentions to get a light dinner and fully expected to pick up Sonic grilled cheese sandwiches for the boys on the way home.  HA!  The complete opposite happened.  The place ended up being super cool and we way over ordered in attempts to have options for the kids/try some new things and then everything was so yummy that we ate every.single.thing.  I was more full from our "light sushi" dinner than from Thanksgiving!

Why am I posting about this random dinner with blurry pictures?  Because it was a really cool experience with our family.  We all really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food.  We all had fun eating with chopsticks and trying a bunch of new food.  The kids completely shocked me and tried everything and enjoyed pretty much everything.  Even picky Eli, which says a lot!

This is Colin trying eating some sushi...all was good until he tried the pickled ginger.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

I laughed out loud at Colin's face after the ginger--reminded me of Alison and her first Peep!