July 18, 2016

Coronado Island


Wednesday morning, the kids and I drove to Coronado Island to spend the day on the beach. 




The kids had a great time playing and eating snacks.  Just hearing the waves crash is always good for my soul.



The boys played "bury all the sand toys".


Alison worked hard to build a moat for the castle.


Eli and I built a throne in front of the moat so he could be the guard.


This was the most Colin got in the water by himself.  He was content playing in the sand and would usually only go in if I was holding him.


In the afternoon, the wind picked up a bit, which made the kids chilly.


It was a bummer that Ben had to sit in training all day while we sat on the beach.



The other bummer of the day=sunburns.
We were outside for maybe 4 hours and I reapplied sunscreen every hour.  We left for the reason that I was really feeling the sun, even with all the sunscreen.  By the time we sat down to dinner, we noticed red marks on Alison and Eli's faces.  It took me awhile to figure out that they got sunburned in the spots that the sunscreen stick had missed on their faces.  I am no longer a believer in those handy sticks.  Oddly enough, Colin showed no signs of sun.


Ben took us to a local seafood restaurant for dinner.  We sat outside, next to the pier and it was one of my most favorite dinner experiences.


Colin had some fun taking pictures during dinner.



1 comment:

edj3 said...

I love the ocean. I could sit and listen to waves for hours.

Sorry the sunscreen sticks didn't work (and now I wonder if they would really work for Kent either).