August 5, 2016

This and That

Another trip to the Children's Museum with some friends:


For some reason we always pick the hottest day of the week to go.  This time, I thought I was being smart by picking a parking spot in the shade, but it ended up being a pretty far walk to the museum.  We found a cute little ice cream place right by the museum and quickly ate our scoops of ice cream on the way back to the car.  Alison said it definitely helped her survive :)

The air conditioning has gone out a few times at the base gym and they've only cancelled practice once when it happened.  Last week, Eli and I were pouring sweat just from watching Alison practice.  Only in the dessert...


Colin has been such a trooper through this LONG basketball season.  It seems really long, but maybe that's because it's consuming our life right now.  4 days a week of watching basketball and he's still smiling!


Then there was that awkward moment when Colin checked out this book from the library, and the librarian kept looking at my stomach and I couldn't decide if I should just tell her, "I'm NOT pregnant." or if I should let her mind her own business and suck in my tummy.


We took Alison to her well-check up.  All of the sudden, Eli scooped up Colin and held him in his lap.  I've never seen this affectionate towards him.

Alison is healthy and doing great.  As always, she's super tall and skinny, but this time the doctor asked me to try and get more calories in her as it looks like she's in a growth spurt.  Story of my life.  More calories in, while trying to still eat healthy.  My solution for the week was chocolate milk.

Alison and I finished a mosaic project we started in June!  It was for history and we only have 1 chapter left, so I figured we either needed to finish it or throw it away.

Cheers to chocolate milk and the last week of school and basketball!!!

No comments: