June 20, 2019

Feeling sentimental

Colin did not want his picture taken, but I had to document this; he completed first grade grammar and math.  Our school year still has another 4 weeks so he'll work on other things during that time, but completing these things was a big day to me.


I held the books, almost paralyzed...I will never teach 1st grade again.  That realization made me so sad.  And maybe a little scared too.  In just a few months, I'll be teaching 2nd, 4th and 7th grade!  That's legit stuff!  For the last 4 years of homeschooling, Colin has pretty much just hung out with us, doing little kid stuff.  His schooling didn't take very long and he caught on to things fast since he's heard it so many times before.


Now I feel this new wave of schooling coming.
And I'm having a hard time letting go of these sweet little years.

No comments: