November 16, 2019

My parents visit!


My parents came to visit!

We had a full 3 days with them and we were so thankful to have time with them.

Our first stop was to Somis Nut House.  I knew my parents would love this place when I first discovered it and I was right.  We filled a basket full of goodies and my parents even went back later to get more.



That night, we had a tasting party and tried all of the goodies.



We did quite a bit of shopping and Grandpa bought the boys a drone.  It was pretty fun learning how to fly it.



While we were at the park, Colin climbed up a tree and my dad decided that it looked like fun.  It's not every day you see your dad in a tree!  It made Alison very nervous and she was instructing him to get down.



The next day, we went to the beach.


My dad has a gift for making up games on the spot.  I would never think to play hopscotch on the beach.


They also ran races.


And they explored the rocks.




It was actually pretty cold, so the girls stayed huddled up in the cozy chairs.



On our final day together, we went to the Reagan Library.  It was a fascinating drive there, as everything around the library had been burned just a few weeks ago.  They have an Egyptian exhibit now, so we were excited to be able to go.



I have a dozen pictures of Colin posing like this...




With Air Force One:



Taking a horse ride with Reagan :)



Alison was excited to be as tall as grandpa when she stood at the podium.


During our full day, Eli decided he was going to write a comic book.  He took his work with him everywhere we went.


That night, he sold a copy to grandpa.


We had a great visit and can't wait until Grandma and Grandpa can come back!

No comments: