December 14, 2019

Christmas festivities


I asked the kids what they wanted to do this Christmas season and all they said was make cookies.  So we have been making a lot of cookies!

First up was a simple kit from Trader Joe's.  We did a kit similar this year and it was a hit, but this year the frosting had a weird color and they didn't taste very good.




Maya resumed her position under Colin's seat, just waiting until he needs her to clean him up.

 

In between baking, the kids really wanted to celebrate being in California for a year.  So we went to Yogurtland for a little treat.



 

I told the kids how proud I was of them and Colin asked why.  I said because moving is hard and they have handled it so well that they've asked to celebrate (instead of pout).  Colin said, "It's not hard for me...it's easy!"  Oh to be Colin.  I'm still proud of him.

Alison and I were invited to a lady's tea at a local church.  They made it such a special day for the young girls and Alison loved it.


 We are so thankful for Lily!

 

 Our cookie theme continued and Ben spoiled us with molasses cookies and homemade eggnog. 


I can't remember the last time we made real gingerbread cookies to decorate, but it was even more fun now that the kids are old enough to help bake them.



We invited the Bradley's to come over and decorate with us.



No comments: