November 22, 2020

A tale of Alison's hair

 Alison started telling us that she really wanted to highlight the front strands of her hair.  The 90's fashion is coming back in full force and bleached hair is coming back right up there with mom jeans and tie-dye.

Pinterest example of what she wanted:


  Ben agreed to help her dye her hair.  He took her to CVS, bought a blonde dye kit and did her hair.

 

Unfortunately, the dye turned her hair brassy.  So we tried to color lift it, which did nothing.  

 

I was already planning on taking her to my hair lady for a good "real" haircut, so I just asked if she could fix the coloring while we were there.  You know you've found a good hair lady when she says "Absolutely!  I'll take care of everything."  She fit Alison into her schedule and spent almost 3 hours, diligently working on her hair.  I really appreciated the time she took to make everything perfect for Alison and made her first real salon experience a great one, even during a pandemic.

 

The finished product!

 

 She loves how it turned out and more than anything, I don't think she'll ever forget the time her dad dyed her hair 😉

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Oh her hair is BEAUTIFUL! I love it <3