December 30, 2020

17 years

Our anniversary weekend was full of adventure.  We usually run together Saturday morning and Ben asked if I wanted to mix up our route a little.  I agreed that I could use a change of scenery, so we headed to Oak Canyon, just a few miles from our house.  I like running trails with Ben because he carries my water for me :)

We debated for awhile what to do for our anniversary.  We've eaten at Lure the last couple of years, but all dining at restaurants is closed.  Our neighbor told us that they often take picnic dinners out on their paddle boards and I thought that would be hilarious to try.  We penciled in picking up sushi and taking it out into the middle of the ocean to eat, because it's 2020 and that seems like a logical way to eat dinner right now.  We spontaneously changed plans (which was good because the sushi place was closed) and decided to go on a hike that Ben has been really wanting to take me on.  In his words, "It was short and easy, with just a little bit of scrambling."  There was certainly scrambling, but I survived making it to the top and it was a lot of fun.

We picked up dinner at Neptune's Net in Malibu and ate it by the ocean afterwards.  Sounds so picturesque, doesn't it?  It wasn't.  The food was just okay and we were shivering so bad that we could barely eat.  There was no talking, it was just hurry up and eat so we can get back in the warm car.  It was still a fun adventure and I'm just thankful that we got to do something to celebrate in this wonky year.


1 comment:

edj3 said...

Ben had told me you two were hoping to paddle board out and eat your sushi while on the ocean--sorry that didn't work out!