March 30, 2021

San Diego

March was a busy month! I'm not complaining in the least; it was certainly refreshing to get out of town and stretch our legs a little bit.

Why did we go to San Diego?  It's a funny story.  Lydia and I polo pretty much every day and she was complaining about the arctic cold of Kansas and she was so over it that she was literally swimsuit shopping because she was dreaming of being on the beach.  I told her that she should just literally come to the beach; plane tickets are cheap now and she would have a place to stay.  I've learned that there is no joking when it comes to talking about the beach, because Lyd literally called her mom the next day and convinced her to book their time-share in San Diego for their whole family to come spend Spring Break on the beach. See? One little suggestion ignited an entire family to book a trip. Shortly after, I booked a hotel room just a few minutes from their resort (it was just 2 hours from our house and I wasn't missing an opportunity to see her).

Ben had to stay home and work, but the kids and I went down and crashed their resort.  It was a rough couple of days ;)

Within minutes of sitting down, Kyle had gotten us all fun drinks and the kids were all playing together in the pool.  I gave him major props for even getting Alison a virgin daiquiri. 


22 years of friendship is a beautiful thing.  

It was so fun to see our kids instantly click and have the best time together as well.


The pandemic has had a few blessings come it and I would say this trip was definitely one of them.  Lydia's mom said that they have never been able to book this resort because it's always booked up years ahead of time.  Thank you pandemic and a period of time when no one could make a reservations and there were able to snatch a spot.

 
While we cooked dinner, the kids played the switch together.

 
After dinner, we roasted smore's on the giant fire pit.  I always knew this family was a good family, but when I found out they flew their own marshmallow roasting sticks all the way to California, I was all the more convinced they were my kind of people.



No comments: