June 4, 2021

Day trip to Santa Barbara

We still live in a slightly Covid world, but it was nice to get out and spend the day in a place that has been on our "we want to go there more" list.  Most people were wearing masks outside up in Santa Barbara...to me, it was just nice to see businesses open and people filling the available spots. 

We had planned on getting up there in time for the Farmer's Market, but traffic was so bad that we missed it.  We finally found parking and walked around downtown for awhile.  I have been wanting to go to the Natural History Museum, but that was also all booked up, so I guess we'll just have to go another time.  We got a little snack...fries and milkshakes hit the spot.


I tried to get a picture to show how tall Eli is now...but this is all I got.

 

We went to a PCA church that had an afternoon service and then found a completely gluten-free restaurant!  Colin and I were very excited.  It was so nice to not have to think about food and just order anything we wanted.

Ben and Eli had a long conversation about Mario...sorry Ben about the picture, but I FINALLY got a picture of Eli smiling!

It was a very refreshing day and I can't wait until we can go again!

No comments: