May 30, 2022

Covid

You can't live through a pandemic and not document it.  After 2 years of living in shut down, socially distanced, masked and sanitize all-the-time, we had our first experience with Covid.  It caught me off gaurd...Eli came downstairs one morning and said his head really hurt.  When I hugged him, I immediately knew that he had a fever.  His complaints weren't like any other virus, so I gave him a covid test.  This is the first time any of the kids have had a test and my first time ever giving one.  It honestly feels like a pregnancy test!

Eli had a fever for 3 days and said his head really hurt and was achy.  He also had a hard time sleeping for 2 nights.

 

Ben had to stay home from work for 5 days and Eli stayed in his room for that time, even after his fever left. 

It felt very odd to be back in shut down mode.  Colin used his time to make a million perler bead creations. 


When our time was up, Ben treated Eli to some Facebook marketplace Lego finds!  We have been wanting a train for a long time!
 *We've since added to the train and city..update coming soon.

I wish that was the end of the this post, but 2 weeks later, Alison got Covid as well. She only had a fever for a day, but also said her head hurt really bad and was achy. She said her head felt like she had a migraine and then had a dry cough for several days.  I hope this is the end of Covid for our family, but I'm thankful that symptoms were mild and everyone is healthy.

No comments: