July 2, 2023

Vacation to Acadia National Park, day 1

We left our house at 5am in order to get through NYC with minimal traffic.  It made for a sleepy drive up the coast.  We took the truck to fit all our adventure gear and I realized it's been a long time since I've seen my kids sleep.  I also kind of loved that every single member of my family was within an arms reach.



The timing worked out perfectly and we met the White's at LLBean, a few hours out from Acadia.


There was a farmer's market in the lawn and we picked up some lunch and listened to some tunes.


It's always fun to see the kids pick up right where they left off.


We picked up groceries and settled into our Airbnb.
After dinner, we drove just a few minutes away to a lake to watch the sunset.  It was perfect.







This, right here, was exactly what I needed.  Just peaceful, quiet, stillness.

No comments: