February 20, 2009

So Tired!

As part of our normal daily routine, Alison has "play alone time". It really is the only way to get her to play without us right there playing with her. Usually she only makes it 15-30 minutes before she's hungry for lunch and is at the gate calling for me. This morning she played really well and when the half hour mark hit, she was still quietly playing so I didn't disrupt her. Then it got a little too quiet so I poked my head in to make sure she wasn't up to trouble. I found her talking quietly to herself while playing so I left her in her room. An hour rolled around and I was amazed at how well she did and went to get her for lunch. I found the closet door open and it was dead quiet. I braced myself to find crayon all over the walls or play dough in the carpet. Instead I found her sacked out on the closet floor! She also had pooped and found a bag of snacks. So I'm assuming she pooped, went to the closet where I normally change her diaper, found a snack and fell asleep waiting for me to change her. I'm not sure why she didn't call for me, but it was pretty funny finding her like this. Oh, and what made it perhaps even funnier is that she had gotten into some baby books I had in a box in the closet. So there she lay, surrounded by 'What to expect when you're expecting' and '1000 Best Baby names', covered in graham crackers, asleep. I sat there staring at her for a long time debating whether to wake her up, change and feed her and then put her back down or just let her sleep in her dirty diaper on an empty stomach. Well, she was not wake up-able (another trait she inherited from her daddy) so in her crib she went. I guess we're having an early nap!

No comments: