March 16, 2009

Ben's Birthday and Alison's sick

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN!!!
Well, this post is late, but you'll understand as you read on. I know Ben hates this picture, but I think it's really cute. On Saturday, Ben slept in a little bit and I had Smithfield bacon (which is SUPER good), scrambled eggs, french toast and coffee waiting for him. He opened his presents and after an early nap for Alison we headed to Chesapeake for an afternoon of shopping. It was a cold, rainy Saturday and in shopping world that equals everyone and their mom out crowding the parking lots and stores, which in Ben and Jen's world equals stress. Despite the craziness we still had a fun time and had dinner at Abuelo's, which was one of our favorite places in Michigan so we were so excited to find it here too.
The birthday celebration came to a halt when Alison threw up for the first time. We had a heads up that it might be coming when George called and told us that everyone in their house except for him and William were throwing up (Alison spent Friday evening with the Boomers) and Ben might have to give the sermon in the morning. Sure enough as soon as we put her down for her nap yesterday she threw up all over her crib. I'm adding 'know how to take care of a sick child' to my list of things I wish I knew before Alison was born. They really need to expand prenatal classes. I'll spare the details of our yucky day, but I thought I would document Alison's first time to throw up.

Well, it's taken me all day to write this post, so I'll have to leave the rest of what I was going to say for tomorrow.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Yeah that had to be a very unfun way to spend your day. On the one hand, wow that Alison is going on 20 months and hasn't been sick until now. On the other hand, what a way to break THAT record.