July 5, 2009

Happy 4th!

We didn't chance keeping Alison up late to see fireworks we were pretty sure she would be scared of, so we just stayed home and relaxed this 4th of July. We were able to see the Smithfield firework show from our driveway so Ben and I watched a little. I actually really enjoyed this 4th, much better than previous years. The only fireworks I heard or saw were from the town show, opposed to previous years when it sounded like we lived in a war zone the entire week before the 4th.Alison's personality is growing by the day and she is constantly making me laugh. This morning I was loading up some dishes in the dishwasher and she ran to grab her potty, brought it into the kitchen, plopped it down in front of the sink, got the sponge wet and started wiping down the counters. She's always saying, "help please" and I pray that her desire to help continues throughout her life.

We're heading to Colorado on Tuesday to vacation with most of Ben's family. I'm excited that we get to see so much family this month, but am somewhat dreading the travel. We leave for the airport Tuesday morning at 4:45 and knowing Alison, she won't sleep much once we wake her up. I have some surprise treats ready for the trip and am praying that they are super entertaining!

No comments: