July 16, 2009

Little Miss Personality


This afternoon Alison was coloring and when she jumped off her chair for a moment Smoochie quickly stole her chair. She hollered, "Mom! Smoochie's coloring!" I felt like I had 2 toddlers fighting over the crayons. She jumped back in the chair and neither was going to give it up.

In the last 2 years of Alison's life, there have been distinct days where we have been able to say that she changed. I would say that today was one of them. Today was the first time that Alison somewhat had a conversation with me. Usually when I ask her a question she just repeats the last word I say. Last week she started nodding her head if the answer was yes and today she actually answered my question! We were leaving the Y and I asked her if she had fun. I got a nod. Then I asked her what she did. She said, "I play with kids." It was pretty amazing. I asked her what she played and she said something about Minnie Mouse and horses and then said,"I play babies". It was really refreshing to have a conversation with her!

2 comments:

edj3 said...

That Smoochie is the best cat. And you are right, her language skills took a big leap forward--very cool!

CaraBrown said...

Her little voice is so cute. I can't wait to have a conversation with her when I see you guys next week.