October 20, 2009

Family Date

We had family date day on Saturday. First we headed to Target to find Alison some much needed pants and she picked out her Halloween costume. Then we headed over to the theater for her very first movie. We had talked about going to the IMax/3-D showing of 'Cloudy with a chance of meatballs' while in Tennessee, but decided that might be a little overwhelming for little eyes. We decided it would be smarter to take her to a matinee showing at a small theater. The theater was full of other kids and it was nice that no one seemed to mind Alison talking extremely loud during the whole movie. She did pretty well for her first experience, but we both agreed it will be awhile before we do that again.We headed to Red Robin afterwards for a big juicy burger...just what this momma needed! It seems like every picture I get of Ben, he looks kinda goofy. He said he doesn't mind since the focus is really on Alison. Well, he got me back on Monday and I thought it was only fair to post it. Not only can I not cook while pregnant, apparently I can't pour either. During lunch on Monday I spilled half a jar of expensive honey on my plate. I only needed a spoonfull for my 5 chicken nuggets, but I instead I had honey soup. So while I was pleading for a napkin and some help, Ben seized the opportunity to snap a shot. He could have also got a good shot of me cooking dinner tonight. I was making simple spaghetti, but when I put the sauce on the stove I put it on high instead of low. Sauce very quickly started exploding all over the kitchen. I'm sure there are many more adventures headed my way.

4 comments:

katherine said...

I think I'm going to start calling our outings family dates. It makes it sound like so much fun--and it usually is! Look for the term to pop up in a blog post soon. :)

edj3 said...

I wonder when Ben plans on torturing Alison -- er I mean have her watch -- Milo and Otis?

And I love the notion of a family date. What a great way to stay focused on what's important.

Jen Shear said...

He's already bought it for her and made her watch it a couple of times. Thus far, she's not a fan...except maybe for the beginning when Ben sings along with the opening song.

Ben Shear said...

made her watch it? I put it on for her once maybe, and she didn't like it, so that was the end of that. You guys are so dramatic :)