October 17, 2009

Hello 2nd Trimester

Ben and I still don't believe I'm really pregnant, so the thought of actually being in the second trimester is kind of frightening. I'm wondering when reality is going to sink in...hopefully before the baby gets here! I still feel great and don't have any complaints. I'm pretty excited that I can still workout and am definitely curious to see how long it lasts. Alison still consistently says it's a baby sister, but now if you ask her what baby sister's name is, she'll tell you, "baby brother". So in Alison's world we're having a little girl named baby brother. Don't worry, we have a good girl name. If it's a boy, he's still very nameless.
We've had a very lazy Saturday. When Alison and I got up we lit the fire place, snuggled under my favorite blanket and put in a movie. For some reason Alison really wanted to lay on my legs and lounged there for a long time. Even Smoochie joined in on the relaxation.The only thing that got me motivated to get out of comfy mode was food, so I whipped up some pancakes and bacon for us all. Alison devoured 3 pancakes and 2 pieces of bacon! She was one happy camper after that.This video should have gone on yesterday's post with playing in the rain. It's been cold and rainy the last several days and we can't seem to keep Alison inside. I wish we had more for her to do outside, but she doesn't seem to mind just jumping in puddles. As I mentioned, Alison's been eating a lot. All I've heard the last few days is, "I want some food mommy". Apparently she's going through a growth spurt. Just look at her pants in this video and you'll see what I mean. Literally in one day, all of her pants are too short, but the waists are too big. I guess she did get some Yoder in her.
Ben says this video proves that Smoochie is the best cat ever. When Alison got up from her nap yesterday we were snuggling on the couch and Smoochie came and crawled in our lap. He is actually purring while she "pets" him.

2 comments:

Kent J said...

Smoochie is amazing. I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at that video.

katherine said...

Smoochie is the best cat ever. Your little bambino is going to be here before you know it with how fast you pregnancy is going by! I can't wait! Oh, and the morning Zachariah was born, Anna was telling Buddy that she was getting a baby sister and then she'd laugh about it.