May 6, 2010

Eliot's first trip to the beach

Well, I'm not sure Eli even noticed he was at the beach, but we had a blast taking him there. It was an extremely windy day, which made it very challenging to keep our umbrella up and to discretely nurse a baby. But other than that, it was a beautiful day to enjoy some sun.
Alison was more excited about walking in the sand and building castles this year. It was fun to watch her play and we all got a kick out of watching her try to play without getting dirty.
Madisyn, Rick and Ben built this massive sand castle. The castle didn't last long, but they were pretty proud of their work.

Being by the water is always relaxing to me and I look forward to sitting on the beach many more days this summer.

1 comment:

Elizabeth and Nathan said...

I'm glad you like the beach b/c I definitely want to go when we are there!