May 28, 2010

Quiet time

Alison singing Holy, Holy, Holy-her current favorite song . Every afternoon we have "quiet time". My desire for Alison is that she doesn't remember a day that she didn't spend with the Lord. As adults it's easy to get distracted and not prioritize time for the Lord. But my prayer is that if she grows up with that quiet time as a priority, then it will be easy as an adult to have it in her daily routine. It also helps me to make it a priority in my own life. I can't tell her how important it is to spend time learning about Jesus and then go and clean the kitchen (like I often feel like I should instead). We read a couple of bible stories, sing some songs and then she listens to bible stories on the ipod on her own. She became fascinated with the story of Abraham and that's what we've read and she's listened to, over and over, for over a month now. Today she asked if she could read the story to me. It took her about 10 minutes to narrate it, but I was impressed at her little memory. The video is more for me, sorry, but I think I'm the only one that will be able to understand her mumbles.

3 comments:

CaraBrown said...

Haha! The video of Alison singing is so funny! Now, I don't know if she got your voice, but if you were to roll around on the ground while singing that would be a sight! Reminds me of a certain someone from youth group years ago! Haha! What a cutie!

edj3 said...

Well regardless of where her voice came from, she surely got your legs!

katherine said...

Her little voice in both videos is so cute. I love your idea of doing quiet time with Alison and I think I'm going to do the same with Anna. Only I don't think I'll give Anna Dylan's ipod. :P