May 20, 2011

My 29th Birthday

I had a sweet birthday this year. Ben made a delicious breakfast before he had to go to work and we were able to have some family time before his busy day. Alison really wanted to give me something so she wrapped her princess Bible in Christmas wrapping paper and told me I could keep it. It was very sweet of her, but her frustration with Eli and Smoochie in the wrapping process did not create the most relaxing environment.
The kids and I enjoyed a quiet afternoon at home and then our neighbors come over for our Mexican Fiesta dinner. Ben had youth group that night so it was nice to have some company for dessert. We let Eli have some ice cream too. He picked up the entire scoop of ice cream and shoved it in his mouth...with not even the slightest expression about the coldness.

I'm praying that this last year in my 20's will be just like this day: sweet, relaxing and full of chocolate!

No comments: