May 29, 2011

The things we'll do...


for a little peace and quiet!

You know every mom has these stories - the stories of crazy things they've done for their own sanity.

Last night, I had one of those moments.
Ben and I were trying to get a delicious dinner made (smoked pork, roasted potatoes, corn on the cob and REAL strawberry shortcake). Eli was following us around wailing because he wanted to eat whatever it was in our hand. Alison was asking to color/swing/play Elefun/swim/help cook dinner/water the flowers/read a book. We were losing our minds.
Then, a picture from the morning popped in my mind. We were at the Y and Eli didn't want to leave because he was too busy playing with the rice & bean pit.
Aha! I needed a rice & bean pit!
I searched our garage for anything I could use to make some quick entertainment. So, don't judge me...but I discovered an extra kitty litter box we had and realized that it would be perfect. Don't worry-I thoroughly cleaned the sucker before it was used. I dumped in some pasta and beans, and viola!...the kids were hooked.

Then Alison decided it would be even more fun to decorate it.


I now have a decorated litter box, filled with stale pasta and beans, that my kids love playing in...and I'm praying the cat doesn't try to use the bathroom in it!

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Hahaha what a GREAT idea! Very clever :-)