May 9, 2011

ELI'S WALKING!!!



We declared yesterday Eli's official day of walking. He was determined to figure it out and would get very frustrated when he fell. I realized, as I did with Alison, that I would cheer when he sat down because I was holding my breath during his 5 or 6 steps. So yesterday I started cheering every time he stood up on his own. It's hard to cheer for several minutes and it ended up sounding like an African walking dance chant. Ben and I were dying laughing, but it worked...he would get a big smile on his face and walk across the room. It was a perfect way to spend a Mother's Day.

2 comments:

katherine said...

I recognize that outfit! So glad Eli could get some use out of it since it just wasn't the right size for Zach. Also, congrats, Eli! Walking is awesome.

Jamie said...

YAY Eli!!!