September 10, 2011

Boston, Day 3

Sunday, we went to the Boston Common. Alison and I got a fresh squeezed lemonade and shopped a little for a last minute swimsuit. We found a German restaurant for lunch and I had the most amazing schnitzel and spaetzles.Then we went to the frog pond and let the kids jump in with their clothes on. Kent got some awesome pictures. I LOVE having a photographer in the family!








As you can see, Eli had the time of his life. I was surprised how wet Alison actually got. She stepped out of her shell on this trip, in a lot of ways. A major way, was getting on the carousel. We've attempted rides before and they only resulted in tears. She was excited to ride this particular day and I'm so proud of her.One of the first things I learned about Boston is that there's Dunkin Donuts EVERYWHERE! Alison couldn't wait to experience this mystery of Dunkin Donuts. So on our way home from the park, after literally passing 5, we stopped to pick out a donut and then had our snack on Nana and Granddaddy's back patio.

2 comments:

edj3 said...

I think maybe we should bring some Dunkin Donuts at Thanksgiving just for her :-)

Jamie said...

These pictures are amazing!!