September 17, 2011

County Fair 2011


We headed to the Fair yesterday for the second year. If you need a refresher of last year's experience, take a look here...you might remember that Alison cried pretty much the entire time and Eli was just a little baby. This year redeemed that experience. We all had a blast and were all smiles all night. We started out with the food. There's a few requirements the Shear's have for a Fair, and funnel cakes and cotton candy are at the top of that list. Alison was just excited to sit on the hay.

After our tummies were stuffed, we went to the animal tent. This was the part that begun the tears last year, but this year Alison actually touched the animals and was happy to be there. Eli walked around saying "bawk, bawk" and tried to jump in all the pens.

Ben wanted to watch a couple of bull rides, so he and Alison squeezed into the crowd. I'm not a crowd person, nor do I really enjoy watching people getting pummeled up close, so Eli and I stayed back.Then, Ben took Alison on her very first Ferris wheel ride. I was so nervous she would break out in tears at the top of the ride, but she remained calm and cool the whole time. I think she even had a little fun.

I was so proud of her! We all rode the carousel to finish off our tickets. It was the fastest carousel I've ever been on...I confess that I was the biggest weeny of the family. I couldn't look at anything other than the floor and was praying for the thing to stop. And then it was time for the much anticipated cotton candy. Alison was the happiest girl at the fair!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

great pictures! It was so cool to see you there!