October 5, 2011

Growing Up

I suppose I could have a million posts titled "Growing Up", but I was struck this week with how much they really are growing up.
Alison has always wanted to help me with chores around the house, but now sometimes it's actually helpful. Yesterday she asked if she could feed the cats. She's helped before but always resulted in food all over the laundry room. I was in the middle of cooking dinner so I told her to have at it. She did amazing and I just had to take a picture because I was so proud of her. Now the cats LOVE her and snuggle up to her every time she sits down to read a book.

Eli has added a few words to his small vocabulary.
Cracker was his first word (is that sad?)
Juice, nose, ear, meow and neigh were added recently.
But his most favorite word is 'up' or 'help'...they both sound they same.

Now if someone could just explain to me why this is my son's favorite spot in the house. Sittin' on the rug, with the tag of his blankie in hand and often with Smoochie...maybe because it's closest to the refrigerator?



2 comments:

katherine said...

I have to agree. Both your kids look so much older in those photos! Alison looks like she's about 6. Let me know if you figure out how to make them slow down a little.

edj3 said...

That video cracks me up. I am beginning to think Eliot is part cat!