November 25, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

We were blessed with a house full of family this Thanksgiving.  Elizabeth, Kent, Jordan and Sophie all traveled here to spend a couple of days with us.

I found myself extra sentimental this year, as I thought about where I was a year ago.  Last year, I spent Thanksgiving completely miserable and this year I get to look at this beautiful smile.  
I am SO thankful for you Colin William!


The girls snuck in a little pampering and then it was off to lots of cooking in preparation for our feast.
Our meal included: turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberries and zwiebach.  We also had pumpkin, apple and pecan pie.

Alison loves helping set the "fancy" table
After the Thanksgiving dishes were cleaned up and pj's were put on, we set up the Christmas tree.

Eliot is at such a fun age and was in awe of how high the tree was.
I could just eat him up!

With some Christmas music on, Uncle Jordan danced the night away with Alison.
I know she felt just like a princess.

Friday morning we celebrated Christmas.

Alison got a new art easel and Eliot got a whole new train track!
Colin was completely happy with his new stuffed animal.


After we had some tea pastries, it was time to play!
The kids worked on some art:


And we did some crafts:

And all the boys played trains.  
If you look hard enough, even Colin is in there...behind Ben.

And Aunt Sophie made cake pops with Alison.
Alison has become quite confident in the kitchen.  She grabbed that mixer from Sophie and said, "I can do it" while her little body was trying to keep up with it whirling around.


And we took some family pictures.
While Kent was snapping some shots of Jordan and Sophie, a snagged some of just our kids.


I am so thankful for all that God has blessed us with.



No comments: