November 13, 2012

November


Catching up.  It's halfway through November...Yikes!  So here's what's been going on.

* Alison's been off school several days this month for teacher work-days and the neighbor kids have    come over for the day.  We played the Wii and had a coloring contest...


* We take rules very seriously in the Shear house.  Can't stay in your chair at dinner?  You get confined to the baby chair (sure hope Ben can follow this rule)...

* Ben often ends up holding Colin after dinner so I can actually eat.  Colin will turn and just stare at him.  It completely melts me.  First, for how much Colin looks exactly like Ben.  Second, for how he will only do it for Ben.  Anyone else tries to hold him like Daddy does, and he screams.  But Ben can just smile at him and he's calm and giggling.

* Grumpiness.  Eliot is the happiest little boy I know, but 2 year old molars coming in have given us some grumpy moments.  This particular morning, he was only happy snuggled up with the Mimi blanket.
 He now adds 'ever' to anything he really doesn't want.  It's hard to keep a straight face when he says, "No want to go to bed ever".

* I went to Alison's school and ate lunch with her one day.  I don't know how kindergarten teachers do it!  Her teacher was there, helping all the kids with their food and talking with them, all while trying to eat something herself.  She was calm and cool...all while I was going crazy listening to "Mrs. Shear, Mrs. Shear!" (with a tapping on my shoulder).  I'm sure the kids were just excited, but it made me appreciate the patience of her teacher so much!


* Colin is a rolling machine!  So much that he's had trouble sleeping because he won't stop rolling in his crib. 

No comments: