December 28, 2013

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve day started bright and early when Eli woke up with an ear infection.  I didn't think those suckers were contagious, but apparently my kids know how to spread them.  Eli and I spent the morning in prompt care and Rite Aid.  Not exactly how I planned the day to go, but I can't say it was all that bad.  We spent a lot of time snuggling and he really seemed fine, other than saying his ear hurt.  I let him pick out a treat at Rite Aid and he chose a giant box of angry bird fruit snacks.


 Christmas Eve, Alison and Eliot got to open one gift...this year it was new coats. 

And this was our attempt for a Christmas picture.

This time it was Colin who wanted no part in the pictures.


But Eli was in a great mood thanks to antibiotics and lots of sugar.


We went to Hope's service at St. Luke's.  This was a very special year for us; it was the first Christmas Eve we've all gone to church together.  

Last year I was alone with 3 small kids in this small church, but this year there was one adult for each kid...guess I forgot to mention that Poppy was here visiting.


I loved worshiping together and the kids did great...except for when Eli suddenly shouted "I have to go poopy!" and Ben had to rush him out of the church.  St. Luke's is an old, historic church, with NO bathroom.  So Ben had to sprint him up the hill to the gift shop to find a bathroom.  Good times.  But, I'm am so, so, so thankful Ben was sitting with me and could whisk him out.

After the service, and several bathroom trips (guess the antibiotics where kicking in) we came home and had a nice dinner; ham, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, zwiebach and pumpkin pie.


It was great having Poppy's extra hands around this week.  He did a great job keeping Colin entertained and let him help with whatever he was doing.  I love this picture because Rick is helping Colin sit at the big-kid-tall-chairs, but you can see Alison tying Eli up with her dress in the background.  I think they were pretending to be a train...just realizing he's already in pj's!  That boy and his pj's; it's crazy.


1 comment:

edj3 said...

Looks like a great Christmas -- so glad to see the pictures & hopefully you are done with ear infections for a long, long time.