July 17, 2014

Corn pickin


Our friends graciously let us come pick corn again this year.  The kids were excited to help...until their dog decided to join us.  We had to quickly jump to plan B when both boys wanted to be held because the dog was running around.  To their credit, they do have a big dog who was excited to see us and we were in a corn field that towered over their head.

He always has his hand there...weird, I know.

Plan B= Ben and Alison picked corn, the boys hung out in the car (with all the doors open) and I shucked the corn.


I love this little smile...

After 3 buckets, Ben helped me finish shucking and Alison tried some non-cooked corn.

I loved our plan of cleaning up the corn while we were out there.  A field of grass was a whole lot easier to clean up than my wood floors.

We stopped by the sunflowers on our way out.



The next night, Ben and I spent an hour and a half blanching/cutting/freezing corn.  We called it our corn date...we're so romantic :)  But it gave us time to talk and we won't have to buy corn ever again.

No comments: